- This position will manage the day-to-day operations of the production department that provides outsourced billing and reimbursement services for clinical laboratories. Oversee the domestic and offshore staff who process payments, refunds, credits, and month-end reconciliation reports. Plan and develop processes and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department. Supervise staff in accordance with company policies and procedures and perform hiring, training, performance evaluation, and coaching of employees. Ensure that your teams meet productivity and quality goals.
- Responsible for quality and quantity of work done by accounts receivable specialists, both onshore and offshore. Review audit reports and develop action plans with measurable results. Communicate results to team members and report on actions needed to help teams improve.
- Oversee performance of month-end closing procedures: Meet month-end closing deadlines, reconcile monthly receipts to bank records, and manage all other client designated expectations.
- Analyze client accounts receivable balances and detail and research reasons for fluctuations and aging issues.
- Manage client turnaround time SLAs. Work with teams to improve efficiency.
- Ensure that staff is adequately trained. Develop and implement SOPs when needed.
- Build positive rapport with global and domestic teams. Build your knowledge base on different cultures. Lead the effort to keep teams motivated.
- Develop and maintain project plans and trackers for functions going to global staff. Pro-active communication and follow-up are required tasks.
- Review volume and utilization reports on a weekly basis, make recommendations to leadership on increasing or decreasing staff.
- Analyze process flows to streamline procedures to improve efficiency of department, recommend RPA opportunities
- Help to manage change internally. Collaborate with stakeholders on improvement opportunities.
- Participate in client meetings to ensure issues are resolved and new client initiatives are implemented.
- Supervise staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Conduct interviews, hire new staff, and provide employee training.
- Coach staff to improve performance, including preparing Coaching Performance Plans
- Establish employee goals, conduct periodic employee performance reviews and recommend salary adjustments based on performance.
- Maintain staff scheduling to include work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment and back-up for absent employees.
- Schedule and conduct department meetings to review client issues and initiatives, departmental quality, and productivity metrics and other departmental topics.
- Oversee projects specific to the department or division.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accounts receivable background
- Experience balancing a general ledger
- Four year degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent work experience of 5-10 years
- 5-10 years of experience working and managing staff as a manager in a business environment
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people around the globe
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective communication skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Previous experience with payment posting at a revenue cycle management company
- Previous experience working with healthcare claims and claims billing software and familiarity with medical records document
- Previous experience working with offshore teams
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed